What is PRP therapy?
PRP, also known as Platelet-Rich Plasma therapy, is made from a substance used to promote healing in the body. Plasma is an element of the blood containing special factors such as proteins that help the blood clot. It also comprises proteins that promote cell growth in the body. It is a therapy in which plasma is injected into the damaged tissue, stimulating your cell to grow new and promote healing. The tissue growth is related to the prepared growth injections, and as per the experts, this how the tissue of the body can heal faster. It is a short description ofWhat is PRP treatment, and, in this article, we are further going to read about its procedure and advantages.
What Is A PRP procedure?
PRP therapy is used for several procedures. Some of the major examples are as follow:
Hair Loss: It is s non-surgical way for patients who suffer from hair loss conditions. It is a natural therapy that contains no other foreign or animal components. It is injected under the skin, which discharges a protein that grows new cells throughout the treatment process. It is often called PRP Procedure Cumming.
Acute Injuries: For athletes who suffer from sprain and acute injuries such as hamstring muscles, knee sprains, doctors used PRP injections to treat them.
Osteoarthritis: The doctor has also injected PRP into the patient’s knee to treat health conditions like osteoarthritis.
Advantages of PRP Therapy
- The first and most important advantage of this therapy is that the doctor used the same blood that matches the patients’ blood. It reduces the risk of reaction and increases the sanitary nature.
- The second advantage is that it heals the body naturally without performing any surgery. It is also considered an effective way to treat several conditions such as hair loss, bone problems, etc.
- It is one of the effective treatments for skin care and hair loss problems. It keeps the skin soft and improves its toning, and promote hair growth on the scalp.
- It is no major side-effects but mild bruising and tenderness, which is not long-lasting.
- It is the safest treatment because the doctor uses the natural elements recognized by the exports and hospital systems. It has been one of the effective treatment properties since the early 1970s.
- PRP results take around 3 to 4 weeks, but it stays for very long, around 12 to 18 months.