If you’re looking to make your au gratin potatoes in the style you normally find in restaurants, you’re in luck with this au gratin potatoes recipe. It is a very creamy and rich style that will have you gobbling up these potatoes in no time at up; you can even serve them up as leftovers the next day after you make it. You can save this recipe for au gratin potatoes for special occasions in your home, as they are not exactly light dishes to be made every day.
What You’ll Need
To successfully recreate this recipe for au gratin potatoes, you will require some simple ingredients which you can easily find in your collection.
- Potatoes (russet potatoes are preferred for their sturdiness and starchiness; they also need to be peeled and cubed)
- Heavy cream
- Minced garlic
- Reduced-fat milk
- Flour (go for the all-purpose type)
- Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper for tasting
Process for Making Steakhouse Au Gratin Potatoes
- First, you will be required to preheat the oven at a 175°C
- Next, take out a baking pan and grease it up with butter.
- Pick out a large bowl and pour in the heavy cream, flour, milk, garlic, salt, and pepper. Whisk them together until the ingredients are well mixed together.
- Arrange the diced potatoes evenly into the baking pan.
- Pour the cream mixture over the arranged potatoes and cover it up with a foil.
- Bake the prepared dish in the preheated oven for about twenty minutes.
- Remove the foil and then keep right on baking until your potatoes are very tender; this shouldn’t take more than forty minutes.
- Take out the potato dish and spray the cheddar cheese on top of it.
- Put the dish right back into the oven and keep baking until the cheese on top of it is all melted; this shouldn’t take more than ten minutes.
- Take your steakhouse au gratin potatoes out of the oven and allow it to cool down for about five minutes.
- Afterward, you can serve up your delicious side dish.
To ensure that your potatoes don’t get discolored before you make use of them, simply soak it up in cold water before you use them. This will keep it looking white and fresh till you add them to your cream mixture. Remember that this side dish tastes better when you serve it up fresh, so it is advised to prepare the dish the day you plan to eat it.