People get confused when it comes to injuries that will cover the worker’s compensation. So here we are listing out all the injuries and accidents that can be easily covered by the worker’s compensation. Also, if you are looking for any kind of help, then here we will brief you with Phoenix workers compensation lawyer.
Common Workplace Injuries
Some of the common workplace injuries are:
- Slip and Fall – The most common workplace injury is caused by slip and fall. If the person falls or trips in the workplace due to the poor condition of the premises and gets injured then this type of injury is covered by the worker’s compensation. However, if the person is intoxicated then this might create some issues.
- Falling Objects – If while working during the premises if something falls on a worker and it will lead to serious injury then this injury must be covered by the worker compensation. That’s why most workplaces organize training programs and adhere to all safety measures to prevent such kinds of injuries.
- Vehicle Accident – Vehicle crashes involving workers are regarded differently from vehicle accidents involving non-employees. When a person is hurt in an automobile accident caused by others while on the job, they can submit a workers’ claim for compensation with their company’s insurance company as well as a civil action against the third party involved liable for the incident.
- Overexertion – Overexertion accidents in the workplace are also rather prevalent. A good example of this case of injury happens when someone injures their back when carrying something incorrectly or too big. Overexertion injuries in the workplace might occur as a result of a single occurrence. They can also occur from exerting too much physical effort when lifting, pressing, tugging, twisting, transporting, tossing, or gripping something. This type of injury is covered under the worker’s compensation benefits.
- Burn Injuries – Burn injuries are among the most severe trauma that a sufferer may sustain, and they can be fatal. If the person gets injured in the workplace due to an explosion, chemicals, or anything then the worker’s compensation benefits will cover it.
These are just some of the common injuries that fall under worker’s compensation. The very first step the worker must need to do is report your employer about the incident then the employer will file the complaint to the insurance company. However, sometimes this process becomes a little bit overwhelming. That’s why it is best to take assistance from a workers compensation lawyer.