When it comes to collecting debts, it can seriously affect the bottom line of your business. Besides, if not handled in a professional and effective manner, there are chances that you might end up losing your dental patients. Like any other domain, when it comes to the dental world, there are many cases where people don’t pay their bills on time. Paying late can affect your business and it would invariably hamper the cash flow and would also your ability in clearing the debts. When it comes to debt collection, it needs to be done in a diplomatic manner; too much of an aggression can prove to be counterproductive. You would need the services of an expert who has the skills and expertise to collect debts from the patients. This is where a professional debt collection agency comes into the picture. They are the ones who have all the skills and expertise to ensure that every single aspect, pertaining to the collection of debts are being taken care of in an efficient and professional manner.
How to Prevent Dues?
These days you can avail the services of dental debt collection agencies. However, the best thing to do is to ensure that you try and avoid dues in the first place. When it comes to a dental clinic, the following tips might prove to be useful.
- Make sure that you have obtained the insurance details and information of the patients while they are making an appointment. It would be the responsibility of your clinic to inform the patient about their deductible or co-pay. This would help you to subtract the patient portion before rendering the service which would be as good as no need for collection of debts.
- Prior offering the dental service, make sure to get the estimated balance payment of the patient.
- During the time of appointment, a patient should be informed about his insurance estimated.
- If there is a due on account of any particular patient, send him monthly bills and continue sending it till he clears his dues. You can make phone calls; however, in that case, you need to ensure that your staff is FDPCA trained, else, you could be facing a lawsuit.
- It is very important for you to check the demographic information of the patient with every interaction you have with him. They won’t be able to pay their bills, if they didn’t receive them.
These are some of the areas which you need to take care at your end, in order to ensure that the cases of dues could be curtailed down to the minimum possible level. Despite of putting all these things into practice, due bills are quite common these days. In such cases, a professional collection agency, which has all the registration, license and permission would be the best option for you. They knows how to handle such situation and it would be their responsibility to make sure that the due bills are being cleared on time.