The appearance of lines and wrinkles is one of the most common concerns among patients as they age. Most of the time, these lines are due to the action of the muscles under our skin. Luckily there has been a medicine around for more than three decades that may prevent the formation of these lines or soften them once they appear.
Cost of Botox
The cost of Botox treatment usually depends on the number of Botox injects used. Generally, one vial of Botox comprises 50 units. Another factor that is considered is the area where it is to be injected. This is called pricing per zone. There are mainly four zones:
- Facial wrinkles
- Frown lines.
The factors that come into action when the actual cost of Botox is considered are:
- Skills and expertise of the dermatologist
- Location of the office or clinic
- Severity of the wrinkle and deep wrinkles
For the consumer, the cost of Dysport and Botox both are generally almost similar. You require greater units of Dysport to achieve the same result as Botox, this is the reason why the cost of botox per unit is more in comparison with Dysport.
Common areas where Botox and Dysport is performed
Some common uses for Botox and Dysport include:
- Frown lines
- Horizontal forehead lines
- Crow’s feet
- Eyebrow lift
- Lower eyelid lines
- Bunny lines
- Nasal tip ptosis
- Gummy smile
- Perioral lip lines
- Marionette lines
- Chin puckering
- Palm and armpit sweating
Side Effects of Botox
Botox is a toxin that paralyzes the skin on a temporary basis. Therefore, if not properly injected in standard amounts, the results can be inevitable. Therefore, you need to ensure that your doctor has enough experience to manage Botox injections with extreme caution. A majority of the public can condone the effects of botulinum toxin. Nevertheless, some mild side effects are bound to occur.
Here is a list of possible complications that are likely to occur in case of any negligence:
- Droopiness of the eyelids
- Mild pain or swelling where the doctor applies the Botox
- You can have some symptoms of flu such as cough or fever
- Ringing in the ears
- Rash or itching
- Allergic reactions
- Upset stomach
- Mild nausea
- Numbness or tingling
- Weakness or paralysis
Precautions you should take after Botox procedure
The Botox procedure shows its result instantaneously. The outcomes can be seen in the span of 2-7 days. The results of Botox stay for a minimum of three months.
To lower the risk of side effects and maximize the effect of Botox, there are some precautions you should take post-treatment:
- Do not perform any sort of stretching or avoid lifting any heavyweights for the next 3-4 hours of the treatment
- You should avoid excessive heat from a sauna, or hot tub at least for 24 hours of the treatment
- You should refrain from performing any vigorous workout for a minimum of 3-4 hours after the treatment
- Avoid touching the treated area for a couple of hours in any way. This includes no facial peels, masks, or any laser treatment.