Foot Problems can be due to many reasons like arthritis or diabetes, but it can also be due to overuse of foot or poorly fitting shoes. Though these are temporary acute pains but may cause long-term problems too. Here you would require to take help from a podiatrist.
Who is a Podiatrist?
A podiatrist is a doctor, who can advise you on treatment and diagnosis for your foot problems. They diagnose and treat illness and also perform surgery if required. So, if you are looking for some good foot doctors then you check the site for Podiatrists in Irvine. They can help in providing preventive care and recommended treatments for any injuries related to the foot or any kind of foot problem.
Here are some good reasons why you need to prefer visiting the doctor:
- There is a sudden change in your daily routine. this would include some changes in the lifestyle such as a new gym, new job, or a new hobby. Some women also start getting leg pain after getting pregnant. Hence any such reasons can lead to leg pain or ankle pain and need immediate attention to relieve it.
- For people who have a flat-feet, this is a common problem. Their feet can have some uncomfortable symptoms which need to be treated. In such conditions, it is always better to take help from a podiatrist.
- Pain in the heel, which is called plantar fasciitis. This includes a stabbing-like pain in the heel. This happens usually when you get up after sitting for a long time or when you wake up in the morning. This condition would look normal but it might get worse with time. Hence recommended getting a doctor check-up done at the early stage.
- Running can cause pain in many people. If the condition is just out of hand it is recommended to show your podiatrist who might recommend some best type of athletic shoes for you.
- Many times, people tend to forget their old injuries, which can cause pain after some months or years. So, if you have been experiencing something like this, then we recommend you get your foot checked up.
- For people who have diabetes, it is very important to keep a check on your foot. These patients have more chances of getting infections which might cause losing sensation in your limbs. For any such please do contact your podiatrist immediately.
- Some people who had got injured with unbearable pain and suspect having sprain, broken bones or strains, need to get their self-diagnosed immediately.
- An ingrown toenail is a minor problem, but when it gets infected it requires immediate treatment. So, for such problems, speak to your foot doctor if it doesn’t go in few days or if there is redness, or some discharge coming from that nail.
- For people who have arthritis, it is very common to have joint pain. There are many joints in the foot that can be affected by arthritis. So, you avoid any further injuries by taking preventive measures suggested by your doctor.
Podiatrists are always better people to advise you for any problems related to the foot.